Of course, as a business owner, you want your own website to come up when people are searching for your product or service. So, how do you make sure your website appears in relevant search results? The answer lies in SEO(Search Engine Optimization). To ensure sure your website is as relevant as possible and when it comes to wowing search engines, you’ll want to learn as much as possible about search engine optimization from the pros.And to help you learn more about SEO, here are some free online resources for SEO beginners.
1.SEO training course, by Moz (previously SEOMoz)
There are several on-page and off-page components of SEO. And this course does a good job of breaking them down into very easy-to-digest explanations. If you already have a basic understanding of SEO, this course might seem a little watered down . It is designed specifically for those with no prior knowledge or experience.
2.Social media marketing for beginners
This course is perfect for those new to online marketing who want to learn what makes up a successful social media marketing effort. Students will learn:
- why social media is such an important piece of the marketing puzzle
- how to avoid the most common mistakes that tend to plague beginners
3.A Google Analytics course for beginners
Google Analytics is a must-use tool for any online business, making this course a must-have for anyone new to online marketing. this Google Analytics course is a great way for beginners to become acquainted with its ins and outs. Someone with no prior Google Analytics knowledge can learn:
- how to set it up on his or her website
- read and analyze the many reporting options available
- learn how to set up and understand conversion goals.
Inbound marketing pioneer Hubspot offers an excellent free Inbound Marketing Certification Program. While the course is aimed at people in digital marketing and social media industries, anyone can improve their knowledge of inbound and content marketing by following the 11 free classes and completing the reading assignments and optional homework assignments.
- Essentials of an Effective Inbound Strategy
- Optimizing Your Website
- The Fundamentals of Blogging
- Amplifying Your Content with Social Media
- Creating Content with a Purpose
- The Anatomy of a Landing Page
- Perfecting the Conversion Process
- Sending the Right Email to the Right Lead
- The Power of Marketing
- Taking Your Sales Process Inbound
- Cultivating Happy Customers
5.Google’s Search Engine Optimization Guide
This is a detailed guide straight from Google about SEO. In these 30 pages, you will learn what Google looks for and how to do basic SEO, including writing meta-descriptions, best practices when choosing a URL, and much, much more.
I hope you’ll find this article useful. Let me know if you know about any other resource in the comments section. Happy learning!