An interactive and elegant web page makes a good user experience. The implementation of a good video plugin is necessary to achieve this goal. Video plugins should be compatible with the theme and responsive over different devices. There are more functionalities to be expected from a good plugin.
Qualities of a good video plugin
There are certain qualities of a good video plugin to fulfill all the requirements. We are discussing them in brief so that you must check that your plugin fulfills all these requirements before you use it.
Following are the qualities of a good plugin:
- Compatible with all major browsers and mobile devices
- Scale well in responsive layouts
- Subtitles support
- Google Analytics support for tracking media audience and traffic
- A Pretty back-end interface to upload and configure your media easy at one place
- A powerful shortcode system for customization at embed time.
- Video playlist could be added to page or posts
- Videos could be searched through WordPress built-in search widget
- Completely support WordPress permalinks
- Support internationalization (translations)
- Video Formats: It supports major video formats like MP4, MPEG, AVI, FLV and supports most of the other formats which include M4V, WEBM, RTMP. HLS etc
- It must support YouTube videos
- Audio Formats: It should support mp3, wav, ogg formats
- Supports both Video and Audio playback
- It should allow you to change video player skins.
- Option to create playlists
- Video galleries can be added in an easy way using video ID(s) or Playlist(Category) IDs.
- Flexible shortcode options to control the display order in thumbnail galleries (Latest, Popular, Random, A-Z, Z-A).
- It should support keyboard shortcuts
- Thumbnail Video galleries can be added to page or posts
By keeping the above features under consideration, following are the top video plugins to add to your site.
1) Magee Shortcodes
Magee is one of the best video plugins. It provides shortcodes for adding different videos. Video shortcode is not its only sole purpose rather, it provides a pack of shortcodes for adding audio, pie chart, QR code, countdowns, sliders and several other functionalities. It has more than 40,000 downloads. It is built with bootstrap, works with almost all of the themes and is fully responsive with all kinds of devices.
2) Yendif Player
Yendif Player is one of the most popular plugins for adding videos to WordPress sites. It also supports audio content sharing. It enables you to share flash and html5 videos. Its supported video formats are MP4, M4V, WEBM, OGG, RTMP, FLV, HLS and YouTube. It allows you to make separate video and audio galleries.
3) Youtube SimpleGallery
Youtube SimpleGallery is the best plugin to create an interactive gallery of videos. It supports Youtube and Vimeo videos. This plugin does most of the work by itself. It fetches thumbnails and titles from the websites. You can add Youtube and Vimeo videos in a single gallery also just by copying and pasting the links by using this plugin.
4) Automatic Youtube Video Posts Plugin
If you want to share Youtube videos as a post than Automatic Youtube Videos Posts Plugin is the best option for you. It automatically makes a post from your channel, search, playlist and publishes them (or save them as a draft) according to your settings.
5) Viper’s Video Quicktags Migrator
Viper’s Video Quicktags Migrator is a popular plugin for embedding videos. It uses native WordPress embed functionality. It is an updated version of Viper’s Video Quicktag and that’s why it has more options than previous.
So far we have discussed top plugins to integrate videos and audios also on your website. Besides, we have told you how you can add galleries on your site. So, choose the plugin according to your requirements and make the most of it. Hope you liked the article. Have a good day and keep visiting Artzstudio.