Sometimes, the content you have already created may come in handy. Many content creators and digital marketers use existing pages as templates. WordPress is one of the platforms that duplicating pages can help you save time. But, do you know how to duplicate a page in WordPress?
Thankfully, many teams have developed WordPress plugins to assist you with duplicating pages without breaking a sweat. Of course, you can either adjust the “functions.php” file or copy and paste the original code, but we are living in the 21st century. We have listed 3 plugins to save you from the hassle.
Yoast Duplicate Post
Developed by the Yoast Team, Yoast Duplicate Post Plugin is one of the best options to duplicate your pages. Apart from pages and posts, this plugin is useful in duplicating comments, menu orders, etc.
It is also quite easy to use. In Yoast, you can set up an affix to distinguish the original post from the copy. The steps to successfully duplicate a page are;
- Install and activate the plugin.
- On the WordPress dashboard, click on Pages (or Posts) 🡪 All Pages (or All Posts).
- Hover on the page or post you want to duplicate.
- Click Clone if you are to duplicate the exact page or click New Draft if you want to open cloned content in the post editor.
Duplicate Page Plugin
Duplicate Page is a great tool to use regarding duplication of pages and posts. Although it is very similar to Yoast, there are few things we can count as disadvantageous.
If you are to use this plugin it is of high importance to check out the minimum requirements. Duplicate Page’s requirements are;
- WordPress 3.3+
- PHP 5.x
- MySQL 5.x
So, if you are using older versions of what is listed above, Duplicate Page may not be for you.
Another downside is that you might need a pro plan to access the features you need. Unlike Yoast, you have to pay $15 to use all the commands.
After you download it, you can easily use Duplicate Page by following these steps;
- Activate the plugin.
- From the Settings tab, choose Savings settings then select Duplicate Page settings
- Then Create New Post/Page or use an old one.
- After you click duplicate, the post’s status will be set as a draft, published, pending, or private – based on what you have chosen in the settings.
Duplicate Page or Post Plugin
Finally, Duplicate Page or Post plugin is a simple yet effective plugin to have in the duplication process. This is what the team behind this plugin aims to achieve.
This plugin is very similar to Yoast – the first plugin in this list. It is free, easy to use, and has many features. The only thing it does not have is the cloning option; it solely has the duplicate option to work with the page.
With the following simple steps, you can easily achieve what you want.
- Configure the settings that are important to you and click the save button.
- Then, go to the All Pages or All Posts section.
- Click on the Duplicate option – which you will see while hovering on the given post.
So, here you have it! Three different plugins to duplicate a page in WordPress. WordPress enables you to use these types of plugins to easily administrate your website.