Did you know that your competitors are already using video in their content strategy? For example, digital advertising on YouTube . According to a recent Hubspot study, 81% of brands are currently doing video marketing.
This marketing content is an ideal way to reach Generation Y and Generation Z, and thus connect with users in a fast, direct and emotional way.
Therefore, we are going to talk about what video marketing is, the latest trends in this sector and how to incorporate it into your social networks, blog, YouTube channel, website and other channels.
What Is Video Marketing And Why Are You Interested?
As its name suggests, video marketing is an online marketing tool that is based on the use of the audiovisual image, mainly through the internet, to achieve different objectives of the marketing strategy.
In short, and simply, it is about adding videos to your content marketing.
Another concept to consider is that of social video : a type of video specially designed to be broadcast through social networks.
It seeks to create shareable pieces (although they do not necessarily have to become viral) and optimized for the individuals of each social network.
Creating quality video content is an investment in time and effort, but doing it is worth it. Of course, if you have well defined the objective for the videos within your marketing strategy.
And is that today, the data clearly shows the audiovisual content has a positive impact on sales and ROI:
- Video tweets get 3 times more responses and retweets than those that don’t.
- 90% of users say that product videos are useful when making purchasing decisions
- 64% of users who watch a video tend to purchase one of the associated products.
»You may also like: What Is A Videotelephony And What Are The 15 Best Free Video Chat Platforms?
Video Marketing, A Key Trend
The video is one of the key trends in recent years and will also in the coming. If we look at the prospects for the coming years, according to data from The State of Online Video 2018 study , we find that the video does not stop growing:
- On average 6.75 hours of video were consumed on average per week, compared to 5.75h in 2017 and 4.28h in 2016. So the growth is exponential. Adding a full hour each year that passes.
And other 9 interesting facts are:
- 85% of all internet users in the United States watched video content at some time during the month through one of their mobile devices. ( Statista, 2018 )
- 54% of consumers want to see more video content related to the brands or companies that they follow. ( Hubspot, 2018 )
- 87% of marketers use video as a tool of their strategy. ( Wyzowl, 2019 )
- Videos are what users in social networks want to see most about the brands they like. ( Animoto, 2018 )
- 88% of marketers are happy with the ROI of their videos on social media. ( Animoto, 2018 )
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year. This means that video marketing is a high-interest lead generation channel. ( Optionmonster, 2019 )
- Users spend 88% more time on a website if it has integrated video content than on one that does not. ( Forbes, 2018 )
- If on the same page, consumers have video and text to learn more about a product or service, 72% prefer the audiovisual option. ( Wyzowl, 2018 )
- Video captivates more than text. 95% of the audience is more receptive to remembering a call-to-action if they have seen it on video, compared to 10% if they see it read. ( Forbes, 2017 )
»You may also like: What Is The Best Video Editor? 20 Free Online Video Editing Programs
Social Video Networks: Which Is The Most Suitable For Your Brand?
When planning your video marketing strategy, the first question is inevitable: which network or networks should I focus on when creating and promoting my videos? To help you, here I leave you some interesting information about the most popular video social networks.
Since its creation in 2005, YouTube has become the quintessential video platform worldwide. And in April 2020 it already has 2 billion active users per month, incredible!
Their audience is focused on the millennial generation and the centennials, since they consume the most hours of videos.
The band between 16 and 25 years consumes on average 9.21 hours of online video per week (they watch TV only 6.19 hours) and those between 26 and 35 years 8.68 hours (compared to 7.90 hours of TV). The generational change is seen, the older the less time of digital video and more of television. Thus, we are inexorably heading towards this new audiovisual paradigm.
To get it right, keep in mind that videos around 3 minutes are the most popular .
Current data on the platform gives us to understand the importance of this video portal, since it is the second most trafficked website in the world behind Google:
- According to YouTube , more than 1.9 billion users log into the global video platform every month, and more than 1 billion hours of video are viewed every day. Not a life would be enough to see everything!
- It is present in 90 countries, through 80 languages. That means that 95% of internet users can understand the platform.
- In the past five years, they have paid more than $ 2 billion to partners who decided to monetize their claims through Content ID.
- Youtube is the second most visited place on the internet according to Alexa , since people spend 8 minutes and 41 seconds on average every day.
- Within this trend, mobile devices play a crucial role, since 70% of views come from mobile phones.
This is the social network par excellence. It is true that in recent times it has received criticism and has had to solve various problems. But it is always reinventing itself and adapting to new consumer needs, hence it continues to be the platform with the most users in the world. There are already 2,498 million active users it has per month, according to Statista with data from April 2020.
People are five times more likely to watch videos on Facebook from their mobile.
On average, Facebook generates more than 8,000 million daily visits to video content, representing more than 100 million hours of video per day.
And that for now, only 3% of Facebook content is in video format. The potential is great and the competition is still low! Thus, it is easier to get the consumer’s attention.
Videos are shared on average 89.5 times more than any other type of format, making them the most viral type of content on Facebook.
In addition, the native videos of the platform have 10 times more reach than links to YouTube. So upload your videos on this network, instead of just sharing them from another channel.
One of its strengths is the self-reproduction of the videos as the user scrolls through their latest news section.
Facebook covers all age groups, although the most common is 25 to 34 years old (25% of its active users).
Videos between 21 and 44 seconds are the most popular.
The queen of photography network also dares with video.
It has more than 1 billion active users per month in 2020 and its audience is mainly millennial and centennial.
It launched its video feature in June 2013 and one of its main features is its shortness: initially the videos were limited to 15 seconds, although now they can be expanded.
You can use the videos in your profile feed, in Stories and also on Instagram TV .
The ghost network already has 398 million active users per month in 2020 and has an especially young audience.
Every day 3,000 million snaps are created on the platform (videos & images) and 10,000 million are the video views that are performed daily, according to data from the Omnicore Agency.
The videos on this network last seconds, so if you really want to conquer your audience, be brief!
This network provides interesting news in the video marketing sector.
It has 386 million active users per month by 2020 , consolidated and highly focused on news today.
You can watch live videos from Moments , from the Explore tab , from trends or from Tweets of an account that is broadcasting live.
You can also watch live programming from Twitter and Periscope’s global broadcasts on Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV. Plus, you can watch 360 ° videos live from Periscope and discover content on Periscope’s global map on Apple TV. Xbox and Android TV users can enjoy Twitter by launching the web browser and entering twitter.com.
You can share videos with a link from YouTube, but also upload them natively, although these cannot last more than 2 minutes and 20 seconds today. Otherwise you must cut them.
9 Tips To Succeed With Your Video Marketing On Social Networks
Have you already convinced yourself of everything that video can bring to your brand? To finish, I want to share with you these 9 tips so that your video marketing strategy goes out to order:
- Search for videos that generate interactions . In particular, focus on creating content that users can and want to share. Make it as easy as possible and look for themes that make them feel reflected, that move them to action or that are useful to them.
- Create emotional content . Aristotle already said it: the pathos or recourse to emotion is one of the most effective tools to persuade and move the masses. Video is one of the best formats to provoke an emotional response, so take advantage of it!
- Adapt your videos to the algorithms of each social network. Think about the different ways in which networks like Facebook, Twitter or Snapchat behave when sharing content. For example, on Twitter the last minute prevails and on Snapchat the contents are ephemeral, while on Facebook you can count on longer times for users to react.
- Include SEO in your strategy. Especially, if your video campaigns include YouTube, good optimization is crucial to increase the number of views. But each social network has its own positioning strategies so do not stop doing your SEO homework!
- The good thing if brief twice good. You already know the saying, right? Well, here is the time to apply it. Although each network has its “star duration”, one of the characteristics that make it easy for your videos to succeed is that they are short. The shorter the better!
- Use storytelling to communicate more effectively. If you want to win over your users and make them remember your brand, tell them a great story! No one wants to see (let alone share) “another ad”, be creative and you will win your heart.
- Turn the customer into the protagonist. For your content to have an impact on the user, he must feel that he is talking to him. We live in a world full of content and we have become accustomed to quickly filtering what does not go with us, so if you want to win the attention of users, make them feel a central part of the story.
- It starts strong. One of the great enemies of video marketing is dropouts . Many users stop watching a video after a few seconds, so you need to hook them from the very beginning. The first 30 seconds are key to making sure they stay with you.
- Integrate the video with the rest of your brand . Digital marketing in general, and video campaigns in particular, are another ingredient in your advertising and branding strategy. Create videos that reflect the style, values and unique personality that define you.
I hope that this article on video marketing has clarified this concept and helped you to have a more general vision on the subject. In addition, we have provided you with important information about social networks and the trend of social video and 9 wonderful tips to make your videos great.
»You may also like:How To Delete A YouTube Channel Or Video From This Platform Permanently?