In this article, I will show you what are the best tools to analyze and get quality backlinks.
But we know what are backlinks?
And what is even more important, how can we get backlinks to improve our web positioning?
You may also be interested:
What are the Best Creative Link Building Campaigns?
What are the Best Link Building Techniques for SEO?
When you start in the world of SEO, the term backlink is one of the first that you encounter with it, and although at the beginning it can be complicated, it really is not …
The backlinks are the links that point to your web page from other domains or pages other than yours.
First, there are 2 types of backlinks, and to increase the authority of your project you need them both:
- Dofollow Backlinks.Links that transmit authority or link juice, both to the landing page and to the domain.
- Nofollow Backlinks. Links give us authority, but web traffic does.
Google’s algorithm is made up of at least 200 factors, within these factors, there are 10 that are more important and affect web positioning more than the rest.
I will not go into each of these factors, but in those referred to in authority and relevance;
Obsolete terms; Page or PA Authority, Domain Authority or DA and Pagerank. The first 2 are created by the MOZ tool and due to its lack of updating and its poor database of links have been discarded by many SEOs for even years, and the page rank, which Google stopped publicly updating to do so privately, or at least that is what the main information seeker tells us.
How to increase the authority of our domain?
- We have to get links from domains of great authority and relevance, and if possible from the same sector and language. The reason is very simple should be links that Google understands that they are natural so the relationship between these websites has to be clear.
- You have to get nofollow and dofollow links, but in what percentages? No one can tell you for sure if the ideal is 80% dofollow and 20% nofollow, or if 90% or 10% is better, or which one is better.
- Increase the expiration date of your domain, instead of renewing it every year, buy it for 3 or 4 years and transmit a greater message of stability of the project to search engines.
- Get links from different domains.
How to increase page authority?
- Add internal links from pages with traffic and authority.
- Get quality backlinks from sites of the same theme.
Now we go with a series of strategies to get quality backlinks:
Guest Blogging: Writing articles in other blogs of authority and traffic of the sector in which you are is a great idea. I would start by carrying out an analysis in excel of what would be the main blogs where we could get a backlink, and then define a strategy of how we generate a relationship with the blog so that we can publish a post.
Cloning or imitation strategy: It’s about analyzing the backlinks of our competitors to see how many of them we can clone or repeat. I always use Ahrefs to perform this analysis.
Buy newspaper reviews: There are many services on the internet with which we can publish a review in many newspapers and blogs, such as Prensarank.
Participation in Awards or Contests: Participate in prizes or actions where you can get brand visibility and link quality.
Content creation to attract links: The objective is to analyze what content you can publish in order to attract quality links and all this in a natural way.
Creation of accounts in social profiles and tools: Creating an account and getting a nofollow link from it is a very simple task, but there are some tools with which you can create a profile with dofollow links to your website.
Now let’s see how we can analyze backlinks or check backlinks of any domain on the Internet. So it will be a piece of cake to know the backlinks of a website.
Without a doubt, Ahrefs is the best tool to analyze backlinks that currently exists. It has the best link database.
- Super fast and efficient analysis tool.
- You can check where your competitors have links and you don’t.
- Analyze the anchor of your link profile.
- Check the contents with the best link profile of a domain.
2. Majestic SEO
Majestic SEO is one of the oldest tools to see and check the backlinks of a website, and a tool that has a large database to work with, not to mention its history.
- It is more complex to use and take advantage of if we compare it with Ahrefs.
- The free version shows you very little useful information.
- The paid version has all the functionalities of a professional backlink analysis tool.
3. Open Site Explorer
Open Site Explorer is a tool of the mythical SEO package of MOZ and that you should always keep in mind, but not for its database, because it is probably a bid of smaller links, but for some functionalities that it includes that are very interesting, included in the free version.Characteristics:
- It has a free version of 30 days.
- It shows you the spam index of your links, or in other words, what percentage of low quality links you have.
- You can also see new and recently lost backlinks.
- The free version only shows you the first 10 results.
4. Monitor Backlinks
Monitor Backlinks is a backlink analysis tool that is sure to surprise you since it is very simple to use, even if you don’t have much knowledge in the field.
- Monitor your links and receive a periodic email with the latest news.
- You can check the backlinks of a free website for 15 days.
- It allows you to connect your Google Analytics account.
- Integrates functionalities of MOZ and Majestic SEO.
Linkody is a simple tool to use to view the backlinks of any web page. You can integrate your Google Analytics account to get traffic data and include it in the results.
- Easy to use thanks to its simple menu.
- You can try it for 30 days for free.
- Only translated in English and German.
- Integrates some Moz, Alexa and Majestic SEO metrics.
CognitiveSEO is a great tool to analyze the backlinks of any project. It also has a powerful tool to look for low quality and toxic links, which makes it a very important tool to consider.
- You can try the tool for free for 14 days.
- The free version has many limitations, especially in the number of links you can analyze.
- Powerful toxic link analysis tool.
- Very high cost if we compare it with the other tools.
7. Link Research Tool
Link Research Tools is a tool that does practically everything in the world of backlinks, but its price is also prohibitive and is only available to very few projects or companies.
- It does not have a free version. The trial version has a cost of $ 77 a week.
- It has one of the best toxic link analysis tools.
- It has many link audit tools.
8. SEO Power Suite
SEO PowerSuite is a complete selection of SEO tools, and has 2 specifically to work backlinks; SEO SpyGlass and Link Assistant.
- You can try the tool for free.
- Get quality backlinks.
- Powerful tool to keep your link building strategy super controlled.
This powerful and basic SEO tool, SEM Rush, has also been able to evolve its link analytics functionality very well, so we must take it into account. Today its database is very close to that of Ahrefs, so you work a very good database.
- Analyze backlinks, domains, and anchors or anchor text.
- Link audit to detect toxic or possibly toxic links
We all know the importance of increasing the authority of a project on the Internet, and for this one of the most important factors is to get quality backlinks. We have analyzed what are the backlinks, types and how to get them.
In the article, we have analyzed some strategies and tips to increase the backlinks of our projects. Ideally, you apply different strategies to get these links, some naturally and one through the purchase of reviews.
Finally, you can find the best tools to analyze backlinks, some of them have a free period of 14 to 30 days, logically with limitations, but it will help you to try some of them.
What is your favorite tool to analyze and view backlinks from a website?
If you liked the post, you can share it with a friend.