As digital marketers, we usually send promotional emails tp more than one recipient. Actually, it is easy to send bulk emails by writing names into the “To” field. However, you probably would like not to show all of the email addresses to your recipients. Here is a detailed guide on how to send email to multiple recipients without them knowing.
Is it appropriate to send emails to recipients who did not willingly opt-in?
Email marketing requires proper practice to comply with privacy regulations and confidentiality standards. Internet users usually do not want to receive emails from an unknown company.
So, how to manage this situation if you are a new digital marketer who does not have any email addresses on hand? In this article, I will explain how to send an email to multiple recipients without them knowing. Let’s look at the essential steps to accomplish this goal using email providers.
First of all, let’s look at what CC and BCC mean.
CC means that email recipients who are added to the CC field will get a copy of your email text. Email addresses in the CC field are visible to all recipients. It stands for “Carbon Copy.”
On the other hand, you may consider BCC as the same as CC but with one difference. Email addresses in the BCC field are hidden from all recipients. It stands for “Blind Carbon Copy.”
Let’s look at the guide on how to send the same email to various users in Outlook.
- Go to “Options,” then select BCC in the “Show Fields” section.
- Add the recipients’ email addresses to the BCC field. Hence, the BCC box will not appear by default every new email.
- Enter all of the email addresses to the BCC field in order to prevent people from seeing other addresses.
- Then, click on the “Send” button.
Disadvantages of Sending Bulk Emails with Outlook
- You cannot measure the effectiveness of your email marketing efforts. Hence, there will be no tracking code within your email message.
- Emails with hidden recipients are likely to be considered spam by Internet Service Providers. (ISPs)
- Bulk email addresses will be considered as spam and be limited by Email Service Providers to prevent suspicious marketing activity. (ESPs)
How to Prevent Outlook Bulk Emails Going to Spam Folder?
Here are the steps to follow in order not to reach the spam folder of your email recipients;
- Fill the “To” field of your email with your own email address.
- Select “People” in the Outlook Navigation.
- Go to the “Contacts” part, choose “Home” and add “New Contact.”
- Determine the name as “Undisclosed Recipient” for the address that you wish to use for bulk email addresses as the sender.
- Then, click on “Save.”
Now, it is time to send your email marketing message to multiple recipients with Outlook.
If you experience sending problems due to limitations on the number of email addresses, you can divide the email contact list into several parts and send it separately.
Now, it is time to learn how to send email to multiple recipients without them knowing in Gmail. Here are the three steps to send bulk emails correctly;
- Click “Compose” to create an email campaign.
- Enter your email to the “To” field. (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Then, click the “BCC” field and enter your recipients’ email addresses.
- Now, you are ready to send your email out.
I recommend that you should communicate with your recipients on an infrequent basis using BCC. Otherwise, your email activities may be considered as spam.
Moreover, you can use paid special email services to avoid your emails going to the spam folder.
Send Emails via Special Email Services
You can send bulk emails with a multi-channel digital marketing strategy along with push notifications, instant, and SMS messages.
Furthermore, instead of using the core email service providers for your digital promotional activities, you may subscribe to special services.
- You will have access to analytical delivery reports and email campaign statistics about sent, delivery, and open rates.
- Email services will generate statistics to keep track of your customers’ interests, behaviors, and open times.
- You can segment users and personalize your emails to get the best results by knowing your customers’ desires and demands in order to provide relevant offers.
- Customization may be done with professional email templates.
- Email marketing service providers save you time by outsourcing the plan of sending campaigns.
- The contact list cannot see the other recipients’ email addresses.
9 Best Email Service Providers for 2020
There are lots of email service providers that can manage the sending and delivery of promotional emails. These services have automated email response, the ability to segment subscribers and customize emails, and the tracking features of open rate and click-through rate.
Here is the selection of 9 paid trustworthy email service providers for 2020;
In this article, I have explained how to send email to multiple recipients without them knowing, how to send bulk emails with Gmail and Outlook, and how to send email messages via other special email service providers.
Please, do not hesitate to leave comments if you have any questions, suggestions, and congruities!
If you want to learn to start email marketing, you can explore popupsmarts' email marketing guide.